Kia Slovakia Foundation
Kia Slovakia Foundation has been performing non-profit activities since 2013. With the support of founder, Kia Slovakia s. r. o., it is devoted to philanthropy especially in the Žilina region.
We care and actively look for the needs of people and environment they live in. We aim to provide resources and act so that our help and support can make a true and lasting difference while we regularly evaluate our scope and activities to achieve the most effective results.
We always keep in mind our ethical principles as the basis for maintaining integrity and building trust. Our activities, ethical principles and financial results are regularly and transparently presented at our website.
With our own projects, long-term partnership projects and grant programs we are dedicated to certain topics while we naturally consider the effect of our actions on the wider community as well as the sustainability of each and every particular support.
Our support helps to reconstruct and revitalize public spaces, hospitals, education and sport facilities, as well as to build cycling paths and improve the material conditions for the provision of social and medical care.
Our pillars and partnerships
- Mobility. At Kia Foundation, a green mobility is a leading topic, we cooperate with local municipalities and participate in significant projects:
- a unique system of shared bicycles with Žilina city (Bikesharing) allowing citizens to use shared bicycles for 30 minutes free of charge,
- we contribute to Regional Tourism Organization Malá Fatra in the construction of the cycling path called Terchovská dolina,
- we built pumptracks in the cities of Žilina, Martin and Čadca.
- Health and Social Support. With a long-term vision of improving level of health and social care, we primarily address the assistance to:
- regional hospitals for reconstructions and purchase of medical equipment for prevention, diagnosis and treatment,
- centers for children and families, community centers and social entities for interior equipment.
- Education. We provide a long-term support of the education with focus on technical skills development by:
- creating the technical corners in kindergartens and purchasing technical equipment for primary and secondary schools,
- procuring of educational online software licenses.
Our grant programs
- Volunteering. We create opportunities for community organization with focus on environmental development, revitalization of public spaces, cultural monuments and school gardens.
- Sport in the Region. We care for long-term improvement of quality of sport infrastructure by providing sport and leisure activities support by purchase of equipment and construction and reconstruction of sport facilities.
- Advent calendar. At Christmas time, we strive for health protection and social care. The purpose is to finance the treatment, medical devices and material assistance to socially disadvantaged families and children.
Our annual reports