Foundation is managed by Administration Board whose members are participating in approval of all processes, preparation of guidelines for the foundation and are especially here to provide help. All members of the Administration Board are also members of the Kia Slovakia (KaSK) company management.
- Kyong Jae Lee – Chairman of the Administration Board of the Foundation, President and CEO of KaSK
- Tae Jin Kim – Member of the Administration Board of the Foundation and the CFO of KaSK
- Jeong Ick Lee – Member of the Administration Board of the Foundation and Vice President of the Administration Division of KaSK
Our activities are supervised by Supervisory Board that consists of professionals from KaSK who assist with accounting, cost control and other services to ensure maximum financial transparency and trustworthiness towards our partners and public.
- Won Jin Kim – Member of the Supervisory Board & Coordinator of Employee Relations, Public Relations and Legal department (KaSK)
- Adriana Kociánová – Member of the Supervisory Board & Head of Accounting & Finance department (KaSK)
- Dušan Mizera – Member of the Supervisory Board & Head of Cost Control department (KaSK)
Administrator of the Foundation is a person on the right chair who is managing foundation´s activities, is acting on behalf of foundation and is also the statutory body. Current Administrator of the Foundation is Tomáš Kováč – who also leads the section for government and public affairs in KaSK.
Kia Foundation employees
Our foundation employees are Simona Pružinská and Beáta Ďurišová who are responsible for operation, administration and adjustment of the Foundation processes. They are also contact persons whom you can get in touch with on behalf of grant schemes or any additional information.
Through community service activities we want to lend a helping hand where our help is needed and where focus is in harmony with the areas of support we devote ourselves to. We follow the slogan: “Let’s move the world together”.
The Foundation’s mission is to be a trustworthy and reliable partner for the community, Žilina Region and Slovakia. The Foundation wants to fulfil the social responsibility of its founder, Kia Slovakia, and to actively seek for new challenges that will transform the surroundings into a better world.
We fulfill our mission mainly by supporting active organizations:
- direct donation of funds,
- implementation of open grant programs,
- support for partnership projects,
- arranging volunteering activities,
- implementation of own projects.
Program strategy and priorities
Within the Foundation, we primarily address our philanthropic activities supporting sport, the development of education, mobility in the region and the development of volunteering with partner non-profit organizations. Our ambition is not only to redistribute funds and grants, but also to support any change that makes our surroundings a better place. We want to support a modern and well-functioning society, through altruistic acts done for the benefit of others, showing interest in others, helping the weak and disadvantaged.
Main program areas – support of sports activities, mobility, education and volunteering in the region
GP “Volunteering” focused on the development of volunteer activities in the Žilina region;
GP “Sport in the region” in order to increase the quality of sports grounds and sports infrastructure;
GP “Advent calendar” to support health protection and social assistance in the region.
City of Žilina for the system of shared bicycles in the city of Žilina (so-called Bikesharing) in the form of a 5-year memorandum of cooperation. The project features 121 bicycles and 21 stations available to users for 30 minutes free of charge;
Regional Organization – Malá Fatra for the project Cycling Path Žilina- Terhcová – 3-year agreement on cooperation and project financing in the amount of 5% of the total eligible costs of the project;
University Hospital in Žilina for long-term support through reconstruction work and the purchase of medical equipment for diagnosis and treatment;
Primary and secondary schools to support technical education (purchase of technical aids) and online education (purchase of annual licenses of educational software) for selected schools in the Žilina region.
Our ethical principles
The purpose of our Foundation is to lend a helping hand where it is needed. We believe this sense we will only achieve this if we are a credible partner for the community and if our activity is at the same time based on strict ethical principles and their observance. It is therefore a matter of course for us to do our job
we perform and will perform:
- with an emphasis on public benefit so that we fulfill the basic mission of philanthropic activity and social responsibility, without any discrimination and political or ideological influence,
- honestly and fairly, we strictly reject, do not tolerate conflicts of interest and acceptance of any personal benefits that would influence decision-making, while creating an environment that prevents this,
- in accordance with legislation, accounting and auditing standards, without providing funding in cash and with a regularly evaluated system of mutual control and risk management,
- economically and efficiently to spend money on activities or the procurement of goods, works and services at the right time, in the right quantity and quality for the best price and in the most favorable the result achieved,
- transparency so that the public and our partners have access to information about our activities and rules, which we follow when making decisions,
- taking into account the environment and its protection, so that our activities do not burden but actively create environment.
External communication rules for beneficiaries
The beneficiary communicates the foundation in all written materials (publications) and public performances directly related to the aided project. In the interests of unified communication and for clarity, we ask you to communicate to the Foundation according to well-defined rules.
Indicate that the relevant activity (project, publication, etc.) was supported by the Kia Foundation. If it is a project with several donors, the full name – Kia Foundation – must be mentioned among the supporters.
Proper use of the logo
If logos appear instead of the foundation’s name, the Kia Foundation’s logo must be published in the correct one dimensional and color version, which can be found on the website www.nadaciakia.sk in the section About the Foundation / Logo and design. Do not use other or modified logos. In the case of printing logos on posters, advertising or commemorative boards or other media, it is necessary to consult the use of the logo in advance at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 7 working days before entering into the press and then wait for a written / e-mail authorization graphic designs and visualizations. Correct and current logos:
horizontal logo for download
vertical logo for download
It is necessary for public appearances, ceremonial opening events and communication in the media inform that the funds or material equipment were provided by the Kia Foundation. Beneficiary informs the Kia Foundation in advance of the dates of the most important activities related to the given project. If it is for larger events (eg opening of the playground, etc.), the recipient on time, at least 10 working days in advance, discusses with the foundation the possible participation and speech of the donor.
1. In the form of a monetary gift – a monetary gift can be sent directly to the account of the Kia Slovakia Foundation (IBAN: SK51 0200 0000 0032 7639 6353).
2. By donating 2% of the income tax of natural or legal persons – the declaration and confirmation of payment of the tax shall be submitted by the taxpayer on the forms valid for the relevant tax period.
The rules of personal data protection are published in the Slovak version of the website – https://www.nadaciakia.sk/#tabs-7